Table of Contents:
Hacking Email, Cell, Text and Social Media Use - Mindfully
We touch our phones over 2,600 times per day. It can be a major time suck and it also contributing to our society's growing anxiety.
Luckily Robert Plotkin has a plan for us. Robert is an expert in mindful uses of technology. Good thing too, since he's uniquely qualified to help. He's a MIT grad in Computer Science, a patent attorney for emerging technology and founder of Technology For Mindfulness.
We're all guilty of over-using our phone: when we're not even thinking about it, when waiting in a line, as a reaction to ordinary down-time.
Thing is, there are simple techniques we can drill in order to break the bad habits we've developed.
In this episode we cover:
• Techniques to manage our cellphone use like setting limits on apps
• Simplifying the way we use computers to be more productive
• The psychology of using pen and paper for creative brainstorming
• Optimal Email techniques like time-blocking, batching and categories
• A simple technique to prepare yourself before using social media
• A real-time exercise to break unconscious phone grabbing
Connect With Us
Follow Sean McCormick
Follow Natural Stacks